Valentine's Day Card with Heat Transfer Foil

Happy Valentine's Day! This week I wanted to show you how to make a quick and easy card for your loved one. I used this Love Note Fabric Tray CD from Hope Yoder because it has cute Valentine's Day artwork on it. Did you know that Hope Yoder's CDs come with the original SVG artwork?! This means you can take the SVG files and use the designs to cut out foil.

I am using the 'I love us' design from this CD. This is the original design:



I decided to take out the swirls in the background and the dotted lines to make this easier to weed out. I opened the file using CraftNCut software, deleted the lines I didn't want, and saved it out as an SVG file. Once the file is saved, I transferred it from a USB stick to my ScanNCut machine. I decided to use Embellish® Heat Transfer Foil in the color 'Blush.' I absolutely love using this foil because it is so easy! The clear carrier sheet and foil are together in one sheet, which makes cutting and weeding so easy. 

This is what the design looked like after I deleted the unwanted parts:


Make sure you mirror image the text when you bring in this design on the ScanNCut. If you don't, the text will be backwards on your card! Watch my video down below to see the full weeding process and how I ironed it onto my card. Once your foil is done cutting, you will weed out the unwanted parts with the Embellish® Vinyl Weeding Tool. Once that is done, you're going to iron the foil right onto your card. I had some card-stock lying around and I cut it to be 5" x 4". I made sure to size my design to be just under 4" on my ScanNCut before cutting. 


Once your design is ironed on, let it cool for a few minutes before you take the clear carrier sheet off. I love making cards for my friends and family. Hand made is better, and pre made cards tend to be expensive and very generic - so I love this cute little DIY. I hope you all had a great Valentine's Day!


Click here to find an independent Embellish® Dealer near you.




Comments

Popular Posts