The Best Bridal Shower Gift

Hi everyone! The past few weeks I've shared videos and posts on Bridal Shower decor and DIYs, but this week I want to share with you my favorite gift that I got. Can you guess what it is?!


My mom made me this gorgeous quilt from scratch using her fabric line from Blank Quilting Corporation that I helped design. I'm pretty minimal when it comes to colors and decor, and I love that the quilt is mostly neutrals with pops of color here and there. Mustard yellow is my favorite color; she really hit the nail on the head here. My favorite part of quilt is the illustration of Broc and I on the inside. My mom was sneaky and asked me to give her a PNG file of this portrait that I used for the back of our wedding invitations.  I had no idea that she would be turning my illustration into stitches. I'm a sentimental person, and so this is by far my favorite part of the quilt.

My original illustration for our wedding invitations

The Auto Digitizing Wizard can use either a PNG or JPEG and turn it into embroidery like you see below!

Digitized illustration on back of quilt

She used Embellish® Matte Thread for the portrait illustration and Embellish® Flawless Thread for the more intricate wording. The words below the portrait read, "Broc and Olivia Havener, November 29, 2019. May together be your favorite place. Made with love, Hope Yoder."
I love the personalization she put on the quilt. It's so easy to digitize drawings and photos with Embellish Maker®'s Auto Digitizing Wizard (watch the video below to see a detailed version of how she made the SVG into stitches inside Embellish Maker®).


It's so easy to add a personal touch like a hand written note or signature from a loved on and it really makes your projects stand out. Make sure you use a topper when you are embroidering these intricate details. We used Embellish® Rinse-Away Clear Topper for the illustration and lettering. When you use a topper, you don't have to iron your design upside-down to get the embroidery to float on top of the fabric. Let the topper do all the work for you! 

The Embellish® Vinyl Weeding tool works perfectly to help gently lift the topper up after you are done embroidering. For any topper that is still left over, simply wet a wash cloth or towel and dab away until the topper dissolves. 

I loved getting to open this gift! I love how personal it is and I love knowing that I will always have a piece of home with me. Thanks, Mom!


Comments

Popular Posts