Tassel Earrings

I've been itching to make some earrings that I can wear everyday so I decided to make some! I love jewelry, particularly earrings! This week I'm going to show you how to make tassel earrings out of Embellish® Flawless Thread. You can also use Embellish® Matte Thread if you don't want the shiny look.

I started out by winding thread over my Starbucks Gold Card (don't judge a girl, thanks mom for getting me hooked on rewards!) You can also use a credit card or cut out a piece of cardboard. If you want your tassels to be bigger and longer than the size I did, simply use a bigger piece of cardboard.
Supplies Needed

I started out by winding thread over my Starbucks Gold Card (don't judge a girl, thanks mom for getting me hooked on rewards!) You can also use a credit card or cut out a piece of cardboard. If you want your tassels to be bigger and longer than the size I did, simply use a bigger piece of cardboard.



After you wind the thread around, you're going to use the Embellish® Weeding Tool to tuck the threads under. You're going to tie the bundle of threads in half. I used a hot glue gun to help secure the thread so it wouldn't ravel. Go ahead and cut both of the loops off of the tassels and fold in half.

Once you have your bundle folded in half, place hot glue inside the cap and place the top of the tassel firmly inside. Hold for a few seconds until the glue dries. Make sure you attach your earring hook to the cap with a jump ring, and you're all set!

These earrings are super fun and cute to make - and they are easily customizable!

Comments

Popular Posts