Make a Produce Bag with Embellish® Heat Transfer Foil

I have a thing for tote bags. There! I said it. I'm not a huge purse girl; I would much rather throw all of my stuff in a tote bag and be done with it. I love carrying around tote bags because you can also use them as a reusable bag when you're out shopping! I have a collection of tote bags hanging up in my closet and always use them!


I wanted to make a special tote bag that I could easily identify as my "market bag," something I could use to put produce in when I go grocery shopping. I decided to make this super cute graphic in CraftNCut with a beet and kale leaf. I am working with Embellish® Heat Transfer Foil to make this cute bag. I love the shimmer in Embellish® Heat Transfer Foil and it is a very easy product to work with because it's a one-step process. Remember those pesky adhesive sheets you used to have to buy when working with foil? Well, you don't need those anymore! Embellish® Heat Transfer Foil has the adhesive AND the foil all in one sheet! It's so efficient and easy, not to mention it comes in ten gorgeous colors.

Embellish® Vinyl Weeding Tool 

This tote bag is easy to make! To start, we need to cut out our Heat Transfer Foil. You'll need:

3" x 3" Blush square
5"x 5" Kiwi square
6" x 6" Black square


I love the Embellish® Heat Transfer Foil because it's so easy! All you do is place the foil on your  mat with the pretty sides facing down and cut. Once your pieces are cut out, you're going to use the Embellish® Vinyl Weeding Tool to weed your design. 'Weeding' simply means you're removing the excess foil (or the negative space) from your design.  I love that you get the carrier sheet AND the foil all in one!


After you cut out your design, press it on the tote bag using. It's important to wait a few minutes AFTER pressing the foil to remove the clear sheet on top. Once you have peeled away the clear sheet, give your bag one final press and you're ready to go to the market!


Comments

Popular Posts